Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 48





The post my mother will never believe is true.

Despite 20 something years of protesting eating my vegetables, this whole running idea has made me become more aware of the amount of protein/vitamins/carbs etc that I am putting into my body. J has been on a mission to break me of my child-like eating habits pretty much since our first date. And he's done well. This is proof.

This past morning I went so far as to combine these several ingredients....


in a blender:
which then looked like this:


Why would I do this you ask? Aside from longing to drink a smoothie that looks like something that came out of a swamp, it was because I am a huge jump-on-the-bandwagon-er. That's right. All my friends jumped off the bridge, so naturally I did too. Just kidding. Kinda

This is a Green Monster.


And Angela promises tons of energy, beautiful hair and skin, and never-ending riches. Maybe not the last part. But really, I've been so tired lately from trying to keep up with training, photography, work just got busier, husband likes to see me, etc etc. You know. Life. A girl can use all the help she can get right? So I tried it.

Honestly, it was WAY better than I expected. Not spinach tasting at all. More banana than anything. I like it. My energy levels were noticeably higher too. So I'll be making more of these.

Oh, and if you try it, Angela does say to serve it in the prettiest glass you own. I think it helps :)

Bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment