Monday, May 17, 2010

Day 8

A lot of times in life we have tunnel vision. Times when we are so focused on one thing or idea, that we forget to look at the whole picture. And that in turn can lead to missing out on so many things. It's not always a bad thing. Many times we use tunnel vision to get something accomplished, like a project at work, or a personal goal. However, it's important to remember to slow down, appreciate the big picture and the details. Focus on all the good things, and the things you'd like to change.


Tonight I remembered I need to live in the present more often. To be present. Enjoy these years in my twenties, before they are gone and I look back on them wondering how they moved so quickly. I remembered to appreciate myself for all that I am, and to forgive myself for trying to be something else. I regained focus.


Letting go of that tunnel vision can be scary. Sometimes it makes all the difference in the world.



Off to have cheesecake with J <3

No comments:

Post a Comment